Share this page
Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant/Basement Coating
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant is water based, containing no Solvents or VOC's. This means it's safe to use indoors and outdoors with no special breathing apparatus like solvenated products need. You're safe, your children are safe and your pets are safe. We believe you should have a choice in purchasing high quality products that are safe for you and the environment
- USED FOR - Foundations, ICF's, Basements, Shower Liners, Deck and Fence Posts, Planter Boxes, Metal, Wood, Concrete and more....
- EASY TO APPLY - Basically just like painting except you use heavy coats to build up your waterproof membrane. Open the container and start using. You can close the container and use later if you have left over material. No pot life or working time like 2 component products. Apply by Brush, Roller or High Quality Piston Paint Sprayer
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE - Final membrane has over 900% Elongation.
- FOR A BULLETPROOF SYSTEM - Bridge joints, seams, vents, gaps, protrusions…. With LIQUID RUBBER SEAM TAPE or LIQUID RUBBER GEO-TEXTILE where possible movement may occur.
50 sq ft/G per coat. Apply 3-4 heavy coats to achieve a 60-80 mil. (1.5-2.0mm) membrane
100 sq ft/G per coat. Apply 2-3 heavy coats to achieve a 40-60 mil. (1.0-1.5mm) membrane
- Avoid hot, direct, intense sun when applying. Mornings and Evenings are best if it's blistering hot
- Product stays soft, flexible and may have some tackiness, not meant as a constant walking surface
- Apply next heavy coat when it's dry to touch, make sure there is no uncured material underneath. Tacky is ok
- Generally you can apply 1-2 heavy coats per day
- Apply all material until you use up the required amount
- Do not combine Black products with Coloured products, use one or the other
- For larger areas, pour out and spread around with a broom, roller or squeegee
- Apply above 5C/40F
- Curing time depends on temperature, humidity and airflow
- Apply next coat(s) as soon as possible not allowing extended time between if possible
- Safe for Fish and Plants
- Do not apply later in the day if Dew is forecast
Data Sheet & Safety Data Sheet
40 year old asphalt coating no longer prevented water from infiltrating incementre about a quart or less were required. To use less cement, I mixed in fine masons sand on a one-to-one basis. This provided a solid water proof seal at the most critical location of water encroachment. Once the hydraulic cement cured and the entire wall became dry to the touch, I coated the entire wall with two coats of liquid rubber. It now looks great. Also, before backfilling the trench, installed a plastic sheeting material to protect the rubber coating from physical damage. I also installed a French drain at the base of the foundation wall/footer In total, a very labor intensive process, but worth the effort -- so far so good.
So far this season, we had a lot of rain and the basement is completely dry ! Thank you Liquid Rubber, I will definitely recommend your product to others.
Just used the Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant product yesterday, very impressive product, also you guys are a very easy company to deal with.
Thanks for the prompt service!
Due to Computer Monitors, Colours may not be exactly as shown.