Share this page
Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant/Basement Coating
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant is water based, containing no Solvents or VOC's. This means it's safe to use indoors and outdoors with no special breathing apparatus like solvenated products need. You're safe, your children are safe and your pets are safe. We believe you should have a choice in purchasing high quality products that are safe for you and the environment
- USED FOR - Foundations, ICF's, Basements, Shower Liners, Deck and Fence Posts, Planter Boxes, Metal, Wood, Concrete and more....
- EASY TO APPLY - Basically just like painting except you use heavy coats to build up your waterproof membrane. Open the container and start using. You can close the container and use later if you have left over material. No pot life or working time like 2 component products. Apply by Brush, Roller or High Quality Piston Paint Sprayer
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE - Final membrane has over 900% Elongation.
- FOR A BULLETPROOF SYSTEM - Bridge joints, seams, vents, gaps, protrusions…. With LIQUID RUBBER SEAM TAPE or LIQUID RUBBER GEO-TEXTILE where possible movement may occur.
- EXTERIOR FOUNDATION GUIDELINE - Click Link
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 15sq ft (1.4 sq/m). It should require around 4-5 heavy coats to achieve a 60-80 mil. (1.5-2mm) (DFT) membrane.
Exterior Foundation Wall
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 20 sq ft (1.9 sq/m). It should require around 3-4 heavy coats to achieve a 40-60 mil. (1-1.5mm) (DFT) membrane.
Interior Foundation Wall
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 50 sq ft (4.6 sq/m). It should require around 2-3 heavy coats to achieve a 20-30 mil. (0.5-0.76mm) (DFT) membrane.
- Avoid hot, direct, intense sun when applying. Mornings and Evenings are best if it's blistering hot
- Product stays soft, flexible and may have some tackiness, not meant as a constant walking surface
- Not meant for long term UV exposure.
- Apply next heavy coat when it's dry to touch (typically 12-24 hours), make sure there is no uncured material underneath. Tacky is ok
- Generally you can apply 1-2 heavy coats per day
- Apply all material until you use up the required amount
- Do not combine Black products with Coloured products, use one or the other
- For larger areas, pour out and spread around with a broom, roller or squeegee
- Apply above 5C/40F
- Curing time depends on temperature, humidity and airflow
- Apply next coat(s) as soon as possible not allowing extended time between if possible
- Safe for Fish and Plants
- Do not apply later in the day if Dew is forecast, or if rain is expected withing 24 hours.
Data Sheet & Safety Data Sheet
Very pleased with liquid rubber. Excellent adhesion and elasticity. Used it to seal slab and starter course of cement blocks on my garage and it worked very well.
Recommend this product . Cleans up easily.
Used it on my foundation it works great highly recommend the product.
It arrived on time.
It seemed this bucket didn’t dry as well as the others. I really like this product though
I used the liquid rubber to seal indoors in leaky basement wall. The rubber applied nicely, looks great. Sealed all the leaks before applying the rubber in 4 coats. Now time will tell if it does the job, have to make it through a spring melt and a heavy downpour rain before knowing. I have every reason to believe it's the best product out there for this application and if it works like I suspect it'll save me lots of money for having the basement excavated outdoors. I'll know in a year for sure.
View color swatch at your local Benjamin Moore Store.
Due to Computer Monitors, Colours may not be exactly as shown.