Share this page
Liquid Rubber Cool Foot Deck & Dock Coating
Liquid Rubber Cool Foot Deck & Dock Coating is a brush, roll and spray high-performance, acrylic; elastomeric coating that reduces heat transfer by up to 35% compared to regular paint. The Cool Foot Deck & Dock Coating cures into a durable, seamless; colored waterproof membrane.
Contains no solvents, is non-toxic, VOC-free, and is non-flammable. The cured membrane has excellent solar reflectivity and UV stability.
The Next Generation of Innovative Protective Coatings
- Reduces heat transfer by up to 35%
- No solvents, non-toxic and VOC-Free
- UV resistant
- Seamless traffic grade membrane
- Easy to apply
- No tackiness
- Color options available
Cool Foot Coating
Apply minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 40 sq ft (3.7 sq m). It should require around 3-4 heavy coats. High traffic areas require 1 gallon per 30 sq ft (2.8 sq m).
- Apply using a roller, brush or textured paint sprayer to provide a seamless and fully adhered membrane to most substrates.
- Ensure a clean, dry surface free of dirt, dust and loose flaky paint. Can be applied over paint or stain
- Use Liquid Rubber Deck and Patio Cleaner to prep wood and Liquid Rubber Concrete Etch to prep concrete
- For extra adhesion, performance and longevity and to create a moisture vapor barrier, use 1 heavy coat of Multi-Purpose Primer.
- Brush products between deck boards
- Apply above 10C/50F
- Apply next heavy coat when it's dry to touch, make sure there is no uncured material underneath.
- Avoid hot, direct, intense sun when applying. Mornings and Evenings are best if it's blistering hot
- Avoid contact with solvents and solvent type adhesives
- Do not combine Black products with Coloured products
- Curing time depends on temperature, humidity and airflow
- Apply next coat(s) as soon as possible not allowing extended time between if possible (typically 6-8 hours).
- Generally you can apply 1-2 coats per day
- Do not apply later in the day if Dew is forecast
I used Liquid Rubber on our wood pool deck in hopes that it would reduce the heat so that we could walk on it without burning our feet. It made such a difference! 3 coats dropped the surface temperature to the point where you don’t have to wear sandals on the deck. I highly recommend this product!
I didn’t like how rough the textured product is. So I covered it with a couple smooth coats and I’m super happy with the results. Getting the product be to the deck boards is a challenge, but it looks great if you take the time.
Great product, great delivery and great tech support if you have questions.
So far it looks great and is very durable.
Will like to see what it looks like next spring
Love this stuff. Use it on my deck.
The company was very helpful in fulfilling my request-
I ordered four samples and received them as they promised.
Orders were good and of a size that gave me a chance to try out the product.
I ordered a complete supply to do the job coming- when I receive that part of the order I would like to give a report at the time.
View color swatch at your local Benjamin Moore Store.
Due to Computer Monitors, Colours may not be exactly as shown.